Sail on silver girl...Sail on by...Your time has come to shine...All your dreams are on their way...See how they shine

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 race plans

I really love the idea of the "race of the month" club as I so affectionately call it. It is a great way to try out new races, see new cities/towns, and keep myself motivated throughout the year. The hardest part is trying not to do the same races over and over again each year. This will be the third year that I have tried to incorporate a different race a month (preferably outside of NYC) into my calender and, I must say, I have done a pretty good job at not being a repeat offender. However, the following are just some races that I love and that I am always tempted to do again and again each year.

1) Applefest 1/2 marathon in Hollis NH. The scenery is beautiful, the course challenging, and the post race spread- unbelievable!!!
2) Boilermaker 15K in Utica, NY - One big block party from start to the finish at the Sarnac Brewery
3) Bradford Valentine Race in Bradford, MA - the cutest race I have ever done - complete with chocolate and a romantic weekend away in New England!
4) Cherry Blossom Road Race in Washington, DC - beautiful weather and a beautiful course-the year we did it coincided perfectly with the actual blooming of the cherry blossoms!
5)Reach the Beach Relay White Mts to Hampton beach, NH Nothing more fun then spending 24 hours in a van with 5 other crazy, smelly runners. Running in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night and after not sleeping for almost 24 hours makes for perhaps the most fun ever had in the sport of running.

I still have not decided on my races of the month for 2011. It is abit overwhelming since there is so many amazing races to chose from. If money were no object, I would travel every weekend to a new race place. In fact, one of my lifetime goals is to do a race (they do not have to be marathons) in each of the 50 states. I want to start keeping official track of it this year and start to put more thought into achieving this goal.

I would love to hear anyone's suggestions about races that they loved as I get set to plan out my races this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment