My how time flies!! I can't believe the first quarter of 2010 has already come and gone. I guess now is a good time to review the first quarter of the year.
1) Return of the "race of the month" club - January- no race secondary to injury; February: Bradford Valentine's Day Race: pleasantly surprised by my time and overall such a fun race and fun weekend in New England! This is why I like getting out of NY and doing races in other places- it always ends up making for a wonderful weekend/mini vacation! March: National 1/2 Marathon: again happy and abit surprised by my time and another wonderful weekend hanging out with my niece and nephews! April race still to be determined.
2) 1200 miles in 2010 - Again, February and March were good months in the running department for me. I achieved the 100 mile mark both months. January was a miss, again secondary to injury, but I am hopeful that I will be able to make up the 19 miles I was short in January sometime throughout the year.
3) Create buns of steel, a mighty core, and Kelly Ripa's arms! oops! Except for NAM (national abs month) in February I haven't been very good in the toning department. This is the goal I really want to focus on for the next few months, especially if I am serious about doing another marathon this fall. I am a huge believer that strong and stable core and hips will prevent injury and improve speed/efficiency in running (not to mention make me look better in a bathing suit this summer!), so this is a really important one for me.
4) Read 12 books in 12 months - Double oops!! I find I don't really have the time for reading a novel-especially now that I am addicted to reading everyone else's blogs at night, so needless to say I think I have read one book this year. This is the goal that I think might just fall by the waste side this year, although I have to admit I am not really upset about not achieving it. I find if I have time to read something- it is better to read research articles or other job related articles - although that doesn't make me a very well rounded person, does it? There just doesn't seem to be enough time in one day to fit everything in. Perhaps I need to go on vacation so that I have more time to read - now that sounds like a good idea!
5) Live, Love, Laugh Everyday and be grateful for what I've got. I find that I am doing a pretty good job at this one. I am really enjoying my job and am overall enjoying my life and being back to running. My current relationship is at a crossroads at the moment so that makes me abit sad at times and makes it more difficult for me to be happy/grateful at times, but overall I feel as though I have found true happiness/gratitude in my life and I am really appreciative for what I've got!
YTD: mileage (Jan-March): 291
stregthening/cross-training: ? (will start keeping track of it in April)
Focus for second quarter: 1) keep running!! (I find it truly helps keep me on the path of happiness in my life right now for so many different reasons) 2) Start toning/strengthening!!!
Here's to the second quarter of 2010! I am looking forward to it and to the nice weather that lies ahead!! Now, I am off to work my core, then off to work!