Sail on silver girl...Sail on by...Your time has come to shine...All your dreams are on their way...See how they shine

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

100 Miles!

Finally I was able to hit my 100 mile/month goal for February (102 miles to be exact!). It felt really good to finally be back running consistently for a month. It makes such a huge difference to me both mentally and physically when I can get out there before work and on weekends and go for a nice run. One whole month, without a nagging injury or other life commitments, where I was able to run, run, run.... priceless!

Unfortunately, NAM (National Abs Month) wasn't as consistent. The first two weeks I was very good with my ab work, but I kind of fell behind the last two weeks. To be honest, I kind of backed off a little with the ab work, because although it sounds a bit crazy, I felt as though all the ab work was actually making my stomach look bigger, not slimmer, and I wasn't too happy about that! (although, perhaps it just coincided with that time of month!)

So, for the month of March, it is all about the arms! and of course another 100 miles for the month. I also want to keep up with core (vs. abs) exercises, because I am a firm believer that the core is the key to preventing injury and providing for a more efficient running pattern (which translates into a faster pace).
Race of the Month: National Half Marathon on March 20, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment