Sail on silver girl...Sail on by...Your time has come to shine...All your dreams are on their way...See how they shine

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Winter Wonderland!

Finally we got some snow!! Yeah!! Central Park is a winter wonderland right now. I absolutely love running in the park after a big snowfall. This mornings run was absolutely beautiful. It is amazing how quiet and how peaceful the park (as well as the rest of the city) feels after it snows. I wish I could have stayed out there longer and taken a "fun in the snow" day today and not have to go to work.

I am also excited that my hamstring didn't bother me at all, despite some slippery ground and difficult footing at times. I hope this means I am on the mend and can start slowly upping my mileage and possibly start adding some speedwork and hill repeats and maybe even register for a marathon? or at least some races? Whoa! Slow down silver girl! Ok .. I know.. I am getting a little ahead of myself. It is just amazing how addicting running can be. You go out for one good run, and the next thing you know you are committing yourself to 3+ months of training for one big race.

I think I better get to work now before I do something I am not yet ready to do... like run 26.2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment