Sail on silver girl...Sail on by...Your time has come to shine...All your dreams are on their way...See how they shine

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What a glorious day!

It is absolutely gorgeous out: 28 degrees, blue skies and sunny. On days like these, there is nothing better then a run in the park with a good friend as the sun is slowing rising overhead. Who would ever think a "blizzard" is on its way? I wonder if we will actually get hit this time. Last weekend it seems as though everyone, except for us, got hit pretty hard with snow. I know some people would think I am crazy, but I was really disappointed that we got nothing. If it is going to be winter and cold out anyway, why not have snow?
The only good thing about not having snow on the ground, is that I got to attempt running outside again (yeah!). Today is the first day in almost 2 weeks that I ran outside. Perhaps that is why this morning felt so glorious to me. It feels so good to be out in the fresh air, rather then running in the nice smelly, stale air that my gym has to offer. I have been running indoors on the dreadmill lately, trying not to make my hamstring angry at me, running flat and slow (boring!!). However, it has seemed to help. I have not felt anything in my hamstring lately, and today I was able to run 7 miles outdoors, up and down the hills of Central Park, without any pain (double yeah!). I will try outdoors again on Thursday, pending the "Blizzard"!

In other news, I have been keeping up with my ab work, honoring NAM, 8 days in a row of ab work!

Off to work....Have a glorious day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment