Sail on silver girl...Sail on by...Your time has come to shine...All your dreams are on their way...See how they shine

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2 years later, 2 years older

Wow! I cannot believe it has been almost two years since I last posted.  I also cant believe I have to change my profile bio from a "thirty - something" year old to a "forty-something" year old-yikes!!!  If I didn't have such a good racing year, PRing both my marathon and half marathon, perhaps this age thing would bother me more, but it feels really good to be older, faster, and stronger (especially mentally). This entire year has been a year of growth for me, both personally and professionally, and for that I am so very grateful.

I came across this quote the other day that seems to be very fitting for New Years Day:

"Happy is the soul that has something to look backward to with pride and something to look forward to with hope."

I would have to say that the highlight of 2012 for me was the Philadelphia Marathon. I had trained very hard for it, following the program that my coach prepared for me to a T, and PR'd.  But the best part? After 11 marathons, I finally mastered a negative split! It felt soooo good to have the strength and energy to pick it up at the end.  What a feeling! What a confidence booster!
Philly was truly the perfect way to close out what I had dubbed the "year of me".  2012 started out as a personally challenging year for me, but I am a firm believer in what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and now as 2012 comes to a close I can definitely say I am a much stronger and a much better person (and runner) than I was coming into 2012.  Philly was definitely the cherry on top of what ended up being a perfectly great year!

And so now I look forward to 2013 with great hope. Not quite sure what my race plans for this year are yet, but I look forward to 2013 with great vigor!

No comments:

Post a Comment