Sail on silver girl...Sail on by...Your time has come to shine...All your dreams are on their way...See how they shine

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why I Love my Wednesday Runs

Tuesday and Thursdays I usually try to do some sort of "quality" workouts (i.e speed work, hill repeats) Saturdays I do long runs and Sundays I try to squeeze in my recovery runs without losing my entire weekend to running.
But, Wednesdays, ah Wednesdays. Wednesdays are my day to just float along - No goals, no gadgets, no particular speed or pace. I just "go with the flow" and enjoy every minute of it. It is also the one day I usually listen to music and just get lost in my thoughts or the melody/lyrics of the song.
Lately I have not been enjoying running too much. I think I have been putting too much pressure on myself, and when I can't meet the goals I set forth, I think I become somewhat resentful towards the art of running. But it's nights like these, when I get out in the park with no expectations, that I remember why I love running so much. The cool crisp air, the familiar faces I see running the same routes seasons after seasons, the rhythmic flow of my body, the ease of movement under my feet - these are things that make me smile. These are the things that keep me coming back.
Tonight was a good night. Tonight reminded me why I do this thing called running in the first place. Tonight is just the sort of night I needed to reignite this crazy love affair all over again.
Tonight I came home and thanked my lucky stars that I can run, that I have the ability to do so.
Tonight I realized that there is no reason to whine and complain about a bad run
Afterall, any run is better then no run at all!

1 comment:

  1. I have care-free Wednesday runs, too! I totally get it, freedom :) !

    ReplyDelete